Moving Violations
Careless Driving
Traffic Device Violation
Right of Way Violation
Improper Lane Change
Seat Belt Violation
Running a Red Light
FL Move Over Law
Habitual Traffic Offender
Driver's License Check
Contact Us
Lee F. Carney 
Attorney at Law
9990 Coconut Rd.
Bonita Springs, FL 34135
Ph: (239) 860-3795
Fax: (239) 992-9170


Q. I received my citation more than 30 days ago, now what?
A. You may be reported by the County Clerk to DHSMV as D6. This means your failure to respond to the citation may result in the suspension of your driver's license.

What if I've already paid my citation?
A. Payment of the citation is considered an adjudication of your case. Depending on the type of violation points may be assesed on your driving record. In some cases it may be possible to have your case reset and put back in the court system.

Q. After I've paid do I still have to go to court?
A. No. However, in some cases a court appearance is mandatory and you are unable to pay the citation prior to your court date.

Q. What are my options upon receiving a traffic citation?
A. In general, you may do 1 of 3 things:

1. Pay the citation, points may be assessed.
2. Elect traffic school (if qualified and eligible). Points will be avoided.
You must also pay the citation.
3. Request a court date.

In general, Florida law requires you to respond to a citation within 30 days.

If you have questions about a citation please contact Lee F. Carney.

Contact Lee F. Carney

Phone: (239) 860-3795 Fax: (239) 992-9170